Can't open display -- SOLVED

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jul 5 06:11:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 16:00 -0500, Wojciech Komornicki wrote:
> Your suggestion works to run an application using ssh, i.e., the
> following works from dark.unix
>      ssh -X light.unix app-name

Good!

> However, I cannot log into light.unix and then run an application which
> opens up on dark.unix

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Are you saying that the reverse process doesn't work, i.e. from
light.unix, "ssh -X dark.unix app-name" does not work?

Or do you mean that you're trying to start an app on dark.unix from
light.unix, with the intention that it displays on dark.unix's display?
(why?)

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>