Unsigned GFS update

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 5 10:23:38 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 05.07.2005 schrieb Jonathan Allen um 12:18:

> I put FC4 from the CDs onto a new bare machine yesterday.  No problems.
> This morning I tried to bring it 'up2date'.  After the usual long delay
> and chugging it started to download the RPMs and came up with:
>
>    GFS-6.1.0-3.i386.rpm
>    warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
>    The package GFS-6.1.0-3 is not signed with a GPG signature.  Aborting ...
>
> Several attempts (to try different mirror sites) all produced the same
> results.  How do I move forward ?
>
> Jonathan

The message is misleading. The package is signed, else it would not show
the key ID 4f2a6fd2. What you need to do is to import that key. up2date
will not do so by itself, unlikely yum does at first run (on FC4). (The
Fedora keys are located in /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/.)

Alexander

Serendipity 12:21:26 up 9 days, 19:13, load average: 0.34, 0.31, 0.19