VSFTPD restrict access to;

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 5 11:48:43 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 05.07.2005 schrieb nick um 13:13:

> I know this a basic thing, but can someoen help me please
> Is there anyway I can hide bin, pub, lib, etc folders in /home/ftp?

Should we guess that this is a chrooted environment? I can't imagine
else why these dirs exist in a user's home.

> Ive set an vsftpd server, but would like to have the option for logon
> screen, so if a user access the ftp server they are asked for username
> and password.

Each user his own name + password or a global one? For a shared FTP
directory I don't think individual auth data makes much sense (only if
you want to log each step and identify the users).
Just create the FTP user and chroot him with vfstpd's facility and allow
only authenticated connections.
FTP access for system users is auth only by default setup of vsftpd as
far as I know.

http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html

Alexander

Serendipity 13:42:14 up 9 days, 20:34, load average: 0.28, 0.33, 0.19