Copy/Paste

Daniel Orzechowski DANIEL.E.ORZECHOWSKI at saic.com
Tue Jul 5 14:48:32 UTC 2005

At 10:41 AM 7/5/2005, you wrote:
> > Any insight into how X, Gnome, apps, and the clipboard interact would be
> > appreciated as its driving me nuts.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Gradwohl
>
>I am not sure how they all interact, but one thing that worked always for me
>and in all circumstances was to select with the mouse the text I want to
>copy, then go where I need it pasted and just press the middle mouse button.
>If you have a mouse with only 2 buttons, I think it can be emulated by
>pressing at the same time the 2 buttons.
>
>S.

See this link for details on a service called 'gnome-clipboard-daemon'.

http://gnomedesktop.org/node/1614

It keeps data on the clipboard after you close the application it came
from, and generally makes GNOME cut-n-paste work a little more sanely (IMO).

--
Dan Orzechowski
SAIC Marine Science and Technology Division