Gome-panel exited unexpected

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:01:28 UTC 2005

On 7/5/05, Antonio Montagnani <anto.montagnani at virgilio.it> wrote:
> I had no time, I am on a production machine, so I made a backup of my
> files on a CD, deleted user and re-created same user.
> It took 15 minutes.....

Next time just move .gnome out of the way (mv .gnome dot-gnome or
something like that) and see if it solves your problem.  Doing that
has saved my bacon a few times.  It's a little like squashing a fly
with a sledgehammer, but when you're short on time it is helpful.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves