Bind Error with New Kernel

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Jul 5 16:25:01 UTC 2005

edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:

> With kernel 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4 bind no longers wants to
> write my .jnl files in /var/named/chroot/var/named.
> Instead it insists on writing the file to /var/named/
> but only if I give the folder write permission for
> named.

Sounds like chroot isn't working, or isn't being attempted.  Are there
any interesting errors logged in /var/log/messages by named?  Does
/etc/sysconfig/named still say "ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot"?

I'm guessing here, but SELinux might be breaking something.  Does chroot
work properly if you boot with SELinux disabled?