nfs emacs movemail and selinux

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20050705 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Tue Jul 5 18:36:40 UTC 2005

I'm seeing an interaction in FC4 between a mailbox file on an NFS
server, emacs's movemail and (I presume) selinux.  (This is with all
the current rpm updates.)

When I try getting my mail I see this error message from inside emacs:

    movemail: Input/output error for /home/wolfgang/Mailbox

    movemail exited with code 1

Here is what the context looks like on the NFS-ed mailbox along with
what root's local mailbox looks like:

    $ ll --lcontext /var/mail/root /home/wolfgang/Mailbox
    2.0K -rw-------  1                                  wolfgang wsrcc 1.4K Jul  5 11:28 /home/wolfgang/Mailbox
    8.0K -rw-------  1 system_u:object_r:mail_spool_t   root     root   631 Jul  5 11:31 /var/mail/root

I assume the missing context stuff on the Mailbox file is causing
problems.  What is the correct way to deal with this?  Turning off
selinux?

-wolfgang