Bind Error with New Kernel

edwarner99 at yahoo.com edwarner99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 19:02:51 UTC 2005

<fedora-list at redhat.com>
> edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> With kernel 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4 bind no longers wants
> write my .jnl files in /var/named/chroot/var/named.
> Instead it insists on writing the file to
/var/named/
> but only if I give the folder write permission for
> named.

Sounds like chroot isn't working, or isn't being
attempted.  Are there
any interesting errors logged in /var/log/messages by
named?  Does
/etc/sysconfig/named still say
"ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot"?

> I'm guessing here, but SELinux might be breaking > >
something.  Does chroot work properly if you boot with
> SELinux disabled?

I have never changed /etc/sysconfig/named. It is still
"stock". What lines have to be changed?
I am running SELinux disabled.