nvidia-driver for fedora core 4

Chris Moore cmoore at washpat.com
Tue Jul 5 20:02:21 UTC 2005

	I'm using the FX5600 AGP and have had problems when installing the
nvidia drivers with FC4. I can install drivers and change the xorg.conf
file as per the nvidia documentation, but when changing back to run
level 5 after the config I get an initial nvidia splash screen but then
everything goes black. I then hit any key on the keyboard which then I
get a prompt asking me if I want to view some files (sorry no names,
long term loss of short term memory). I then reboot and everything seems
fine but the xorg.conf file has reverted back to the original as if I
had made no changes at all.
	My solution was to install CentOS and then everything was fine. Lot of
chatter on nvidia's support list and this list about this problem. Hope
this was the kind of response you were looking for.