New Age Music can kill FC4

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 5 21:20:25 UTC 2005

Hoffmann wrote:
> --- David Gavin <dgavin at davegavin.com> wrote:

>> Per the mp3.com page for this album it does seem to
>>have DRM on it:
>> http://www.mp3.com/albums/593094/downloads.html
>
> What is happening with the multimidea on Fedora. This
> person have had problem. I cannot even listen CDs by
> using the CD drive. I allways need to ripe CDs first
> in order to listen to my musics.
> No one in this group was able to help me on that.
> Should I go back to Windows to get my CD drive able to
> play my CDs? Well, at least I can do that on Windows

You are from the USA, I suppose. Here in Europe we have so called copy
protection systems on CDs for quite a while and we call these systems
"play protection systems".

Quite a lot of players simply deny to play copy protected CDs:
- car radios
- DVD players
- computer CD-players
- computer DVD-players

Even shops take them back, when you say that a CD cannot be played on
these systems, because more and more people simply do not have old
CD-only players anymore.

So your (?) problem might be related to FC4 or even to Linux systems,
although I doubt it.

At the moment I have a CD running here under FC4 - without any problems.
But it is definitely a CD without copy protection system (I do not buy
those).

You might try a Windows system on your hardware, maybe it can handle the
problem. But if it is a problem between hardware and copy protection
systems, Windows might not be able to handle it as well.

--
Regards
Markus Huber