New Age Music can kill FC4

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 5 21:45:23 UTC 2005

Hoffmann wrote:

> Well, I see no 'copy protection systems' information
> on my CDs. Moreover, I can listen to those CDs on
> Windows (by using either Windows Media Player 9 or
> Real Player 10) with no problem. So, I really don't
> know what the problem is.

What a pity, but I am not an expert on that. CDs simply autostart on FC4
here, and my usual checklist might not apply to your problem:

- any audio at all?
- CD-audiocable connected in the tower (hardware)?
- do CDs automatically start in gnome (gnome-volume-properties)?
- CD volume enabled in gnome-volume-control?

Good luck, because FC4 is really a nice distribution.

Btw.: did you try Real Player (they have a linux version als well)?

Greetings
Markus