going to FC4

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jul 6 02:30:06 UTC 2005

Steven C. Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the FC4 DVD iso on my FC2 box.  I don't have a DVD drive on that
> box.  I can mount it as an iso9660 fs, but I can't figure out how to
> upgrade my FC2 system via that method.  I bought an external USB DVD
> drive, but the system wouldn't boot to that drive.  Yes, I can burn a
> DVD from my XP box.  (I didn't play around with the BIOS...)

Burn your DVD, then go fetch Smart Boot Manager (SBM)
(http://btmgr.webframe.org/), stick it on a floppy and boot the floppy.
It'll let you boot from darn near any device you have, whether your BIOS
understands it or not.

SBM, IMHO, is a damned useful tool.

-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -