nfs emacs movemail and selinux

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20050705 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Wed Jul 6 04:16:45 UTC 2005

Stephen Smalley <sds at tycho.nsa.gov> writes:
> I'd expect "Permission denied" not "Input/output error" for a
> SELinux-related failure, and you should have an avc denied message in
> your /var/log/audit/audit.log file.  NFS doesn't support file security
> labels presently, but SELinux still internally assigns a label to the
> incore inode and policy should allow the access.  Easy way to check is
> to run /usr/sbin/setenforce 0 and try again.  If that makes no
> difference, then SELinux is unlikely to be the culprit.

Thanks.  I should have tried that before posting.  (It was one of
those cases of hitting <cr> and then wondering "just how hard would it
be to turn off selinux...")  Turning selinux off from either grub.conf
or the selinux conf file didn't change the failure one bit.  As you
suspected, it wasn't selinux related.

A bit of gdb-ing after figuring out the SRPM magic, showed a problem
with flock() failing.  Next step - figuring out why a linux client
can't flock a file on an openbsd server.

-wolfgang