Evolution 2.2 crashing on calendar and task views

A. Lanza alf at lanza-ti.com
Wed Jul 6 07:14:50 UTC 2005

El lun, 04-07-2005 a las 11:15 +0200, A. Lanza escribió:
> El vie, 01-07-2005 a las 21:22 +0200, Stefan Held escribió:
> > Am Freitag, den 01.07.2005, 13:30 +0200 schrieb A. Lanza:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Days ago i updated my system to FC4 (from FC3), so Evolution updated to
> > > 2.2 version. Since that evolution crashes when i try to switch to
> > > calendar and tasks views.
> > >
> > > When this happens, i have to use gconf-editor to change configuration
> > > (apps -> evolution -> shell -> view defaults -> component_id, select
> > > mail) to switch to the mail view.
> > >
> > > Any ideas of what could be happening? Your help would be greatly
> > > appreciated.
> > >

> > Install the debuginfo packages from the ftp server for all of the
> > evolution packages. Then install bug-buddy also. You should get an Bug
> > Buddy Window if Evo Crashes. This includes an Backtrace. From which we
> > might can see what happens.

Hi again,

this messages is to report that i finally have solved the problem.

Before upgrading to FC4 i installed some gnome bleeding-edge rpm packets
for testing purposes. Then, i found out that these packages installed
time ago were newer versions that those that came in FC4, so i suspected
that this could be the problem.

After realizing that, i downgraded some packages (libgnome, bonobo,
libgal, and others) to the actual FC4 versions and Evolution calendar
and Task modules did work ok again.

Regards and thanks again for help given