nvidia-driver for fedora core 4

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 6 10:50:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 22:56 +0200, Scott Jan wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 20:38 +0200, Øyvind Stegard wrote:
> > Scott Jan wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Has anyone using fedora core 4 installed the nvidia driver?
> > >
> > > Jan
>
> > Didn't have to fiddle with any udev things to get device nodes, either,
> > it Just Worked. Nice.
>
> My computer seems to be in an idle state at boot time for about 30
> seconds. I can't see that this new driver has improved things.
>
> Is there anything that I still have to do, e.g. putting selinux = 0 ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jan

Jan,

Turn off RHGB and quiet at the grub screen.  If the 30 seconds of idle
is immediately after grub boots the kernel, removing these options
should give you an idea of what is happening.

If you are unfamiliar with grub:  Press any key to stop the automatic
boot up.  Then, press 'a' for append.  This will present the default
kernel command line for editing.  Delete the RHGB and quiet entries and
press enter to boot.

Bob...