probs w/ FC2 running 2.6.10?

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 6 10:56:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 22:08 -0400, Steven C. Liu wrote:
> I recently upgraded my FC2 system kernel to 2.6.10-1.771_FC2, and now
> it seems awfully flaky.  For example, I have an external usb /dev/sda1
> that I have in my fstab w/ 1,3 as the last 2 parameters.  FStype=ext3.
> Now when I reboot, it complains about that drive and goes into single-
> user mode.  I have change the params to 0,0 for it to boot/fsck/mount
> properly.
>
> Anyone know the problem?  If possible, please CC me in the response as
> I seldom read this list.
>
> TIA,
>
> Steve

Steve,

Did it work before the kernel upgrade?

It almost sounds as if the USB drivers are not getting loaded prior to
fsck trying to run on the external drive.  When you are dropped into
single user mode, can you then manually run fsck on /dev/sda1?

Also, can you post the output of lsmod after you are dropped to single
user mode?

Bob...