Bind Error with New Kernel

edwarner99 at yahoo.com edwarner99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 11:53:36 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: Bind Error with New Kernel
> Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:35:46 -0700
>
> edwarner99 yahoo com wrote:
>
> From: Gordon Messmer <yinyang eburg com>
>

> Sounds like chroot isn't working, or isn't being
> attempted. Are there any interesting errors logged
in > /var/log/messages by named? Does
/etc/sysconfig/named > still say
"ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot"?

> I'm guessing here, but SELinux might be breaking >
something.  Does chroot work properly if you boot with
> SELinux disabled?
>

> I have never changed /etc/sysconfig/named. It is >
still
> "stock". What lines have to be changed?
>

> None. bind-chroot adds the line
>"ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot" to that file. Just check
>to make sure that's still in there.
>
> I am running SELinux disabled.
>

>OK, what about the messages log? If you restart bind,
>do you see anything interesting there?

"ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot" wasn't there. As I said,
it never was. It was never modified by me or bind, but
ran ok until I upgraded from FC3 to FC4.
I put "ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot" in the file and
seems to work now.

What action caused bind to over write
/etc.sysconfig/named?
Thanks,