Strange installation problem

Manisha Sathe manisha_msathe at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 12:39:20 UTC 2005

1)I downloaded all 4 iso files (FC4 for i386) from one of the mirror site -> checked the sha1sum for all and later copied on to CD.
2)Booted from 1st CD - i got the first screen menu for fedora - to install.... press enter.... boot: etc

I tried many combinations at boot prompt - pressing enter, linux text, linux mediacheck

but always end result is same - it runs some commands on console and screen become black and then from bottom it starts becoming bright slowly after some time it shows 2 blue strips at both sides with reddish black as middle strip. Nothing comes out, nothing happens i hv to restart the laptop.

I am on Inspiron 9300 with Intel Pentium M Processor. I already hv winXP and win2K loaded on this m/c (on E and C drive respectively). On third partition i want to load Linux.

Pls let me know what's going wrong here.

regards
Manisha