Postifx and virtual users (user unknown)

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 6 12:45:28 UTC 2005

On Jul 6, 2005, at 8:36 AM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Mi, den 06.07.2005 schrieb redhatdude at bellsouth.net um 8:20:
>

>> I set up /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf to pwcheck_method: auxprop
>>

> Makes sense to extend the smtpd.conf content:
>
> pwcheck_method: auxprop
> auxprop_plugin: sasldb
> mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
> # log_level: 3

connection established
: master_notify: status 0
: name_mask: resource
: name_mask: software
: name_mask: noanonymous
: name_mask: noplaintext
: name_mask: nodictionary
: name_mask: mutual_auth
: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 15877 exit status 1
  postfix/master[15868]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad
command startup -- throttling

This is what I'm getting now after following your instructions.
EJ