Postifx and virtual users (user unknown)

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 6 13:36:20 UTC 2005

Why am I getting this message when someone sends me an email?
fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
I'm not trying to relay through postfix for which I should need
authentication. I'm just sending mail to recipient. It should not
check for authentication.

What does this message mean?
warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

> The cyrus-sasl-md5 rpm is installed? cyrus-sasl-plain is needed for
> supporting PLAIN and LOGIN.

I tried yum install cyrus-sasl-md5 and it says that there's nothing
to do. Doesn't it get installed with cyrus-imapd?

Thanks
EJ