glademm

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at cablespeed.com
Wed Jul 6 14:00:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:36:00 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:00:20 -0400, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to include glademm and dependencies in FC4 extras
>> please?
>
> Would be possible, but somebody needs to do it. Every package in Extras
> needs a packager/maintainer.  Parts of the gtkmm suite are in Extras
> already. But as many packagers focus on including software, which is
> needed for building other software, it may need more package developers
> to add additional packages.
>
> Building package maintenance teams would be possible, too. That means, one
> person does the packaging, another person uses the software [heavily] and
> does the testing/quality-control.

I use the package heavily, my entire work is based on it. I also tried to
build it from source, but it's looking for fairly old versions of some
gnomemm/gtkmm libraries. I do have the FC4 versions of those libraries
installed, which are the the latest stable (not development), so from what
I can tell, glademm has not kept up with gnomemm and gtkmm. I'd even be
very willing to modify the code, if necessary, and compile it against the
new libraries, but I know nothing about automake and autoconf.

If someone is willing to give it a try with packaging, I'll help in any
way I can.