Samb not starting FC4

Doug Coats dcoatshca at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:23:49 UTC 2005

I just installed FC4 64bit and configured it to replace an older
computer.  Everything seems to work fine except Samba errors out on
startup.  Trying a manual start up this is what I get.

>[root ~]# service smb start
>Starting SMB services: /etc/init.d/functions: line 83:  3591 Aborted
>  $nice $*
>                                                                     [FAILED]
>Starting NMB services:                                     [  OK  ]
>
>Line83 in "functions" : daemon() {

I did some searching and found that some people suggested commenting
out the "$nice $*" line in functions but that did not work for me.

Any ideas?

Doug