Postifx and virtual users (user unknown)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jul 6 17:26:32 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 06.07.2005 schrieb redhatdude at bellsouth.net um 19:05:

> > . As suggested, saslfinger should
> > help you too. Some info, like AUTH testing
>
> I can't find saslfinger in my system

saslfinger isn't neither part of Cyrus SASL nor Cyrus-IMAPd, thus not
shipping with Fedora.

http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/

At the bottom of that page you find the source tarball.

> > Observe the messages or audit.log file to see if SELinux causes any
> > denied actions.
>
> nothing there

Good.

> > Postfix is configured to talk with Cyrus-IMAPd through the LMTP
> > socket?
> >

> it is
>
> > If relaying is denied you either did not set the (private) net for
>
> which parameter are you talking about here?

http://www.postfix.org/basic.html
  ->
What clients to relay mail for

> I went to that page and I added check_relay_domains to
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions and now I can relay being authenticated
> However, Postfix still doesn't recognize my virtual user and doesn't
> pass the mail to cyrus.

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

That is prepared with Postfix shipped by Fedora.

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-configure.html#mta
 -> Configuring Postfix

"Postfix ill doesn't recognize my virtual user"

How do you auth? Please paste a conversation using telnet port 25 (ehlo,
mail from, rcpt to) and the related mail log message.

> EJ

Alexander

Serendipity 19:20:19 up 11 days, 2:12, load average: 0.23, 0.15, 0.21