VDQ : search "/" how with FC4's GUI??

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 11:43:33 UTC 2005

On 7/7/05, Ben Steeves <ben.steeves at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:
> > To go down the directory hierarchy, double-click on a
> > right-pane folder (directory) entry.
>
> That's actually wrong.  You double-click on a left-pane *shortcut*
> entry.  Those aren't directories.  There's no directory called
> "Filesystem", and no directory "home"... there's *your* home
> directory, which is /home/whatever, but that's not quite the same
> thing.  Ditto "Desktop".

I'm sorry, I just re-read that and I ought to have more coffee before
replying to questions like these.  Yes, you do navigate down through
the hierarchy using the right-pane.  How is that different than any
other file requestor though?  Are you suggesting you'd prefer a
hierarchal view?  If so, I can see that being a valid option, but it
certainly wouldn't be my choice.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves