selinux problem with httpd and mysql

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:19:24 UTC 2005

> Your mysql socket appears to have the wrong context.
>
> On my system, I get:
>
> # ls -lZ /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> srwxrwxrwx  mysql    mysql    system_u:object_r:mysqld_var_run_t
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> You seem to have a context of user_u:object_r:var_lib_t for this.
>
> Or is your mysql.sock not in the /var/lib/mysql directory? If so, why?

Hey Paul,

 I checked the contexts of mysql.sock and it is there in the
/var/lib/mysql directory

srwxrwxrwx  mysql    mysql    user_u:object_r:var_lib_t        mysql.sock

I am running mysql 4.1 ,I have downloaded the rpms from the mysql.com
site.Before installing I switch off the SELinux and then switch
SELinux back to on state after installation.

What should I do now to put the correct contexts on mysql.

the contents of mysql (ls -lZ)
-rw-rw----  mysql    mysql    system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      ibdata1
-rw-rw----  mysql    mysql    system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      ib_logfile0
-rw-rw----  mysql    mysql    system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      ib_logfile1
drwx--x--x  mysql    root     system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      mysql
srwxrwxrwx  mysql    mysql    user_u:object_r:var_lib_t        mysql.sock
drwxr-xr-x  mysql    root     system_u:object_r:var_lib_t      test
-rw-rw----  mysql    mysql    user_u:object_r:var_lib_t
work.delhi.net.pid

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover