Printing: printer is stopped by default in FC4?

Jonathan Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 14:43:50 UTC 2005

Dear All,

I am printing through a "networked unix" printer configured with
system-config-printer-gui. After initially configuring it, all is well,
and I can print. However, if I reboot the machine, I have to go to the
CUPS web interface (localhost:631) and "Start printer" before I can
print. Is there anyway of automatically starting this printer on boot.
It has nothing to do with the printer itself, I see other people
printing from it when my FC4 box thinks it is stopped.

Cheers,
Jonathan.