FC3

CHERMAN at gt.rr.com CHERMAN at gt.rr.com
Thu Jul 7 15:53:23 UTC 2005

"Having a PT which looks 'different' from the actual physical disc is
not all that unusual. It's certainly possible that you have some kind of
hardware failure, but not necessarily the drive. Have you tried the disc
in a simliar computer? It could be the interface electronics."

Hate to show my ignorance, but is "interface electronics" the same thing
as the controller? It's an IDE drive and it's only been used in the one
computer.  Except for the two crashes I mentioned, I've never had any
trouble with it.  It would have been nice to recover a couple of things
from the drive that I didn't back up, but there's nothing on the drive
that I can't live without.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Craig Herman