writing ISO's

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jul 7 17:25:43 UTC 2005

See http://www.roseindia.net/linux/tutorial/checkingfedoracoreiso.shtml

> 2)  Is any difference between writing an ISO and writing a common file?
>      if not, should I first extract them [they have a winrar extention]
> to the
>      CD or what?

Don't write it as a common file and don't try extracting anything
either. You need to burn the ISOs to CDs as "images".

See
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.html
for some tips for a variety of CD-burning applications.

Paul.