Install Configurations (FC4) for future releases...

Panama Jack panama at springfield.net
Thu Jul 7 20:15:20 UTC 2005

Does anyone know if they are going to Expand the installer to allow
setting of the configuration for some packages before the install starts
instead of using generic settings.

An example would be the installation of PHP 5.0.4.  There are a number of
switches in the ./configure that usually need to be adjusted fro the
current default install.  If would be nice to be able to turn on mysql
support, gd support or turn off certain switches.  As it stands now it is
a MAJOR pain in the butt to change these things after the initial
install.  Unless I am missing something it is not that simple to change
these configurations.  You have to go through some MAJOR hoops just to
change those switches because PHP and Apache2 are not installed in any
manner similar to what is shown on the websites for those packages.

If someone has an easier way to change the php configure switches without
having to reinstall apache2 and php5 AFTER doing an FC4 install I would
appreciate hearing about it.