Security Updates on Cacti (FC1)

dries dries at ulyssis.org
Fri Jul 8 09:39:06 UTC 2005

Quoting efz zefzef <petitcanardo at secureroot.com>:

> Hi !
>
> I've cacti installed on a FC1, from the rpms, cacti is 0.8.5.a-1.
>
> Due to security updates ( cacti 0.8.6.e and recently Cacti version
> 0.8.6.f), i'm asking myself how can i upgrade my cacti ?
>
> - How can i know if newer cacti's rpm include security patches from
> 0.8.6.e and 0.8.6.f ?) and which rpms do i have to installed ?
>
> - If i upgrade from RPMs, where can i catch them ? (
> http://fedoralegacy.org/updates/FC1/ has nothing), i found another
> source (e.g.
> ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/dag/fedora/1/en/i386/dag/RPMS/
> ) but the only cacti version present is
> cacti-0.8.6d-1.1.fc1.rf.i386.rpm .
> So do i have to wait fro newer versions on dag sources ?
>
> Another
> important question is: if i install a rpm from dag sources, will it
> be
> possible to have conflict libraries  between lib on my FC1 (
> official sources) and DAG libraries used in his rpms ?? is this
> 'dangerous'.
>
> I tried a rpm --test install dag_rpm
> (cacti-0.8.6d-1.1.fc1.rf.i386.rpm) and it was successfuly.
>
> PLease any advice welcome

Not really advice, but i updated cacti some days ago in the rpmforge
subversion (shared by Dag, me, Matthias,..) and made newer versions of
the spec file and some rpms:

http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/cacti/info.html

Dag isn't building new packages at the moment because his disk died.

kind regards,
Dries Verachtert