FC4 on Raid 1 + 5

Mattias Pettersson Mattias.Pettersson at nordicwebradio.com
Fri Jul 8 12:57:44 UTC 2005

Hi!

So, now I've tried for a very long time to find a good howto on how to
get FC4 to boot on a raid-device.
I found some info on "fedoraforum" concerning FC3 but my setup is not
equal to that setting. Does anyone
have an idea how to get it to work on a Dellserver with /boot and / on a
raid1 (the serverdata will be on raid5)?

Or perhaps someone can point me to that howto (it's hardwareraids so I
cant change it to easily to a normal setting).

I've come so far as that it doesnt hang on inital GRUB but rather keeps
repeating GRUB GRUB something 1.5 and doesnt
move forward from there...

Regards,

Mattias