bluetooth confusion

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Fri Jul 8 18:27:55 UTC 2005

You aren't crazy. Bluetooth under FC provides little or no useful
functionality.  Not even sure why its enabled by default in FC4.
http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/Using_Linux_and_Bluetooth_DUN_with_the_Treo650.php is a decent tutorial on setting up your FC machine to use a mobile phone as a modem but even that tutorial has some holes in it (such as where the /dev/rfcomm devices are, cuz they aren't on my machine.  might have something to do with the binding of the phone address).