SSH publickey auth

Michael Yep myep at remotelink.com
Fri Jul 8 20:03:34 UTC 2005

I was under the impression that with this setup I would not have to
enter a password
Notice how it trys publickey auth and then it fails, and then tries
password auth.

debug2: kex_derive_keys
debug2: set_newkeys: mode 1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug2: set_newkeys: mode 0
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug2: service_accept: ssh-userauth
debug2: key: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/myep/.ssh/identity (0x0)
debug2: key: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/myep/.ssh/id_rsa
(0x100e9c40)
debug2: key: /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/myep/.ssh/id_dsa (0x0)
debug1: Authentications that can continue:
publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug3: start over, passed a different list
publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
debug3: preferred publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: Trying private key: /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/myep/.ssh/identity
debug3: no such identity: /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/myep/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/myep/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 149
debug2: input_userauth_pk_ok: fp
a9:b1:ac:29:22:15:54:47:2d:f0:42:12:78:39:df:cb
debug3: sign_and_send_pubkey
debug1: PEM_read_PrivateKey failed
debug1: read PEM private key done: type <unknown>

--
Michael Yep
Development / Technical Operations