any success w/fc4 on these mb's ?

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sat Jul 9 14:45:47 UTC 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 13:35, Ray Curtis wrote:
> Just  ordered this same setup and should have it in about a week.
> You mention a trick you had to use to get X to start using the Nvidia
> driver, could you elaborate more please ?

The problem I have seems to occur only when using dual DVI output.
When I start my FC4 with the xorg.conf made for the nvidia driver, the machine
freezes when X is started.
When I start the machine with an xorg.conf which selects the nv driver, it
will boot fine.
After it boots fine, I just copy the xorg.conf made for the nvidia driver into
place and restart X (brute crtl-alt-backspace). Than it somehow works untill
my next boot, where I need to repeat the whole thing again.
This is repeatable and with driver versions 7664 and 7174 (I haven't tried the
latest nvidia drivers yet, but will soon (perhaps today).

Once in X, I can use the dual screen setup including openGL as expected and it
runs stable. There's one issue though. I can't switch to any virtual concole
(crtl-atl-F1) as it will crash the machine.
I can't find anything obvious is my system logs that point out anything wrong
so I expect it to be either the nvidia driver or combination FC4 kernel and
this driver.

Regards,
Marcel