MySQL update problems

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Sat Jul 9 16:42:47 UTC 2005

Good Morning -- I am trying to update a MySQL Server to V 4.1 via yum on
a freshly installed FC3 System.

I know that the proper version of MYSQL is in the Development repo and
it is reputed to be stable, so I enabled the development repo, and typed
yum update mysql, and it trys to update EVERYTHING in the repo, and
keeps erroring out on dependencies that are unrelated to MYSQL,  I have
tried installing those dependencies from RPMS, and yum refuses to
recognize them

Any pointers

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster / Science Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11