Problems with FC4 installation CDs

Itay Furman itayf at u.washington.edu
Sun Jul 10 06:57:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

I keep getting error messages when doing mediacheck during FC4
installation with the four CDs: Disc 1 passes, the others produce
a complaint that no checksum information is available.

I did the check following 'linux ide=nodma' at the prompt
(without it Discs 1,2 failed, and 3,4 produced the
no-checksum-info error).

+ I downloaded iso files from a mirror site.
+ I confirmed the sha1sums.
+ I was able to mount and view each and every burnt CD.

Any ideas or suggestion where to go next?  Please.

 	Thanks in advance,
 	Itay

Itay Furman, Ph.D
Genome Sciences                |   phone:   +1 (206) 543 9040
Health Sciences Bldg., K-326   |     fax:   +1 (206) 685 7301
University of Washington       |   email: itayf at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195-7730