HP2220 printer - does not use global settings

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 23:46:00 UTC 2005

On 7/10/05, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:

> >>It shows up in CUPS as I've configured it via s-c-p.  If I disable CUPS,
> >>what tools do I use to manager the 3 printers I'm connected to?
> >>

> > I did not and do not recommend disabling CUPS.  What I suggested was
> > that you disable the cups-config-deamon service which is a utility tha
> > loads at run levels 3-5 and scans the dbus for new hardward.  Follow
> > this link, http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L301 , and read about
> > cups-config-daemon.
> >
> Thanks. I tried that and it still prints in a high quality mode, despite
> the global settings.

After you disabled cups-config-daemon did you go into
system-config-printer select your printer, change the print quality
settigs, and click on "Apply"?  If not, try it again because the
settings provided by cups-config-daemon will still be in effect until
after you do.  By the way,   check system-config-services and make
sure that cups-config-daemon is not set to run at levels 3 and 4.