Google Toolbar for Firefox

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 00:57:45 UTC 2005

sc0ri0n wrote:
> Today, I wanted try the new Google Toolbar for Firefox (1.0.20050707)
> and encountered a strange issue.  Once the extension was installed, I
> restarted the firefox (1.0.4).  To my surprise, Google toolbar agreement
> language came up in German instead of English. I guessed the OK button
> and clicked it. Then, all menus in firefox changed to German.  I got a
> screenshot here at my blog:
> http://sc0ri0n.blogspot.com/2005/07/problem-with-google-toolbar-for.html
>
> As soon as I removed the extension and restarted the Firefox, menus
> reverted back to English.
>
> I googled it but could not find anything related to the issue. Did
> anyone try to install it on FC4?
>
> Thanks,
> Adil

Yes! I did. Alex, how does one say "worst mistake I ever made" in German?

I heard about this new Google Toolbar on e-Week, which is a business IT
publication. I shudder to think of the CIO's and IT guys installing this
on their systems, only to have it blow up in their faces.

Then again, when I checked the regular Extensions channel, I found that
three third parties had written their own Google toolbars for Firefox. I
was wondering whether anyone had tried any of /them/.

The only reason I didn't report this here is that I didn't know whom to
report it to--Google? BugZilla?

Temlakos