Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Mon Jul 11 04:12:46 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> ok, I'm now at work. I've confirmed that vt102 is ok. I can also
> confirm, that I can switch from ttyS0 to S1 and back again. Now, why
> is this not possible on my home PCs, FC3 and CentOS.? This is weird.
> Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

should add, that the box at work containing CentOS also won't allow me
to change ttyS1 to ttyS0..Now, the versions are all 2.0.00 and build 19.

Work FC3

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qi minicom
Name        : minicom                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.00.0                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 19                            Build Date: Wed 16 Jun 2004
09:45:35 AM JST
Install Date: Thu 17 Feb 2005 01:29:30 PM JST      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Communications   Source RPM:
minicom-2.00.0-19.src.rpm
Size        : 598467                           License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 21 Oct 2004 02:07:37 AM JST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2Packager    : Red Hat, Inc.
<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://alioth.debian.org/projects/minicom/
Summary     : A text-based modem control and terminal emulation program.
Description :
Minicom is a simple text-based modem control and terminal emulation
program somewhat similar to MSDOS Telix. Minicom includes a dialing
directory, full ANSI and VT100 emulation, an (external) scripting
language, and other features.

Work CentOS

Same, except for signature stuff etc...

Cheers.