moving mail from Evolution to Kmail

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 11 06:58:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 19:49 -0700, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I use Kmail 1.7.1 in FC3. I would like to transfer some mail from Evolution to
> Kmail and don't know how. I have tried moving the Evolution folders into my
> ~/Mail folder, but Kmail, when restarted, doesn't know they are there. I also
> tried moving only the "mbox" file in the evolution folder of interest into
> the Mail folder. When I do that Kmail sees the file, it shows up as a local
> folder, but the contents can not be read. Permissions seem ok.
>
> Ideas?

You could try splitting the problem into two halves:

1. Getting an evolution mailbox and splitting it into separate messages.

2. Delivering those messages into a KMail mailbox.

You could possibly use "formail" (comes with procmail) to do the first
bit, and probably just use procmail itself to "deliver" each message to
either a KMail mailbox, or to your standard system mailbox, where you
could then use KMail to "receive" it.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>