How do I run *.jar rpogram

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Jul 11 16:32:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 05:44 -0400, chalonec wrote:
> I have been unable to get the sun jre to be recognized by firefox on fc3 or
> 4.  How were you able to do this?

You need to make a soft link as follows

as root, in the directory
   /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.4/plugins
issue the command
  ln -s /usr/java/jre1.5.0_03/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
The link created should show as
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      58 Jul 11 11:25 libjavaplugin_oji.so -
> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_03/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

I tried it by copying the plugin into the firefox directory and it
failed.  The soft link was what is required. (Yes, I know there are ways
around it, but that worked, simply, and reliably.)

This is on FC3, and I have not done the java install on my FC4 box yet.