assigning multiple ip addresses to NIC on bootupm, how?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jul 11 17:22:19 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 11.07.2005 schrieb Les Mikesell um 18:59:

> > Thus, his question was how to get it to start at boot time.
> > Your solution, while it works, does not meet his needs.
>
> While it makes more sense to add the aliases with the network-config
> tool, he could, of course just add:
> service httpd restart
> at the end of /etc/rc.local to fix things after the interfaces appear.

>   Les Mikesell

I don't recommend such way of administration (setup) as that quickly
leads to a system which is sooner or later unmaintainable (as such kind
of customisation will not stop with network and apache). The reason to
use the correct configuration paths the distribution offers is that
someone else, familiar with the distribution, can quickly adjust
settings without need to do a forensic examination.

Alexander

Serendipity 19:16:26 up 16 days, 2:08, load average: 0.37, 0.25, 0.18