Using cyrus-imapd, and moving off dovecot...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jul 11 18:21:38 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 11.07.2005 schrieb Philip Prindeville um 20:09:

> Does formail require the mailbox (target) to be empty?  I looked at some
> utility scripts in cyrus-imapd-utils and they all warn against clobbering
> the mailbox if it isn't empty....

No, using formail you read in the existing mbox file and remail mail for
mail.

> >>+ define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH', `')dnl

> >Why that?

> Because FEATURE(local_lmtp) tries to clobber it otherwise...
>
> >>+ FEATURE(local_lmtp)dnl

You don't need to set that feature.

> I'm still trying to figure out how it all works together...  And what,
> for instance,
> is the way to get Spamassassin to integrate with Cyrus...

Not with Cyrus-IMAPd, but best with the MTA Sendmail. There is a wide
range of applications which hook SpamAssassin into the SMTP stream:
MimeDefang, amavisd-new (those 2 are feature rich), spamass-milter
(small, just one purpose), and some others.

> >Use the aliases file to send root's mail to a mortal mailbox user.

> Using a MailerTriple syntax?

I don't understand that question.

> Well, I'm new to using procmail and Spamassassin.  Last time I worked with
> MS's and MTA's, it was cyrus and postfix 7 years ago.  I'm sure things have
> changed since then.
>
> I'm open to suggestions.

Sendmail -> Milter for ClamAV (anti-virus) + Milter for SpamAssassin
(spamass-milter) -> Cyrus-IMAPd -> Sieve

This is one setup scenario. Other setups possible. Setting up a full
featured mail server is a huge topic.

> -Philip

Alexander

Serendipity 20:12:40 up 16 days, 3:04, load average: 0.02, 0.08, 0.14