bluetooth & obex: sending but not receiving

Cyrus Adkisson lists at rooseveltmedia.com
Mon Jul 11 19:03:33 UTC 2005

Woohoo! I was finally able to get my laptop to talk to my Motorola Razr
phone (see other bluetooth posts for info). I probed the phone with
sdptool to find out its OBEX push channel (8) and was able to push an
image onto the phone with:

obex_push 8 00:12:8A:97:GF:XX /home/cyrus/imagefile.jpg

I've hit a snag trying to receive an image from the phone, though. The
documentation for obex_push doesn't say much about it. On the phone
itself, I've tried selecting a picture, and choosing "Move" which brings
up an "Object Exchange" screen. Sounds good, right? Well from there it
has two options, "laptop-0" (probably recognized from the prior image
reception) and "Look for devices". Upon choosing "laptop-0" it simply
says "Unable to connect". Choosing "Look for devices" discovers 1
device, which it then calls "laptop-0". Trying to send the file that way
also gets the same "Unable to connect" message.

So, after so much progress, I'm stuck again. What am I doing wrong?

Cyrus

.--