WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Jul 12 01:29:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 20:57 -0400, Ken Rambler wrote:
> I'm sorta the new FC kid on the block and a little confused. The last
> version I used was RH9, very stable. How does FC3 and FC4 compare?
> Which would be best for a production server?

Hi Ken,

For a production server, you'll very likely have a better experience
using RHEL.  Its more stable (unchanging) than FC and it has a *much*
longer lifespan in terms of bugfixes and security updates.

At work, our group uses Fedora Core for many things including some
servers.  But we're a research group and we like bleeding-edge stuff.
And we don't mind the frequent updates or the occasional glitches (eg.
why doesn't MatLAB work with this new version of the kernel or selinux
or...?) that occur.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD