bcm5700 FC3 help

dfuka at quantumweather.com dfuka at quantumweather.com
Tue Jul 12 01:37:19 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I am having some issues getting a HP Proliant blade with broadcom network
card to perform up to par using Fedora Core 3. If I install RHEL, compile,
and load the bcm5700 driver from src, I get full gigabit transfer. If I
load Fedora Core 3 and do the same, I get reads at full gigabit, but
transmits of only ~43Megabytes per second. I have also tried the tg3 which
breaks the network in RHEL on the server, but work with the broadcom nic
in FC3. Any ideas what I should explore to get back the additional ~60Meg
per second on tx when running FC3?

Thanks in advance,
dan