another Yum problem

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jul 12 16:00:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 11:04 am, Paul Howarth wrote:
> One thing that I missed in my earlier response was that you said "My
> repos are the standard Fedora including ... development ..."
>
> If you have that repo enabled and have applied updates then you are
> running rawhide, not FC4, and a large number of daily updates is to be
> expected; it wouldn't be unusual. You'd also be on the wrong list...

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I knew I had a good reason for posting. I've been
trying to think of the right way to ask about Rawhide, something I see
referred to all the time, here. I did a cursory search once and couldn't
figure it out from the few pages I read. It's just been something I had in
the back of my mind to figure out, amongst many other in a very long list. I
had no idea that the development repo was Rawhide - That's probably, exactly
what the problem is. I shall check that first when I get home.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA