aacraid monitoring tool?

alex at milivojevic.org alex at milivojevic.org
Tue Jul 12 14:15:22 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've got an Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S card to play with for couple of weeks.  It
uses aacraid driver, and seems to work fine out of the box.  However, is there
a monitoring/configuration tool for it, preferrably CLI based?  Something to
read out configuration data from the card, check the status of arrays and/or
individual disks, and maybe even change card's configuration (create new
arrays).

I'd also like to hear other people experience with the card (performance wise).
Zero channel I20 controller in my other box beats this 2200S card hands down,
but this might as well be due to the fact that I20 has two fast brand new
disks, while for playing with 2200S I pulled two older dusty drives from the
drawer (plus those two drives were design for capacity, probably not speed).