WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Jul 12 21:58:19 UTC 2005

> Hi
>
> >I have yet to see a developer say :
> >Oops, I must have missed that one, please do <this> and reply back
> >with the results, so I can get right on it for you.
> >
> Did you see
> http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Caveats_and_Known_Bugs_on_FC4
>
> regards
> Rahul
I read it twice, and don't see any admissions.

Now why would I have read that?

Maybe you are all about bugzilla and mediawiki, but I am not
reading them every day, that is your job. My job is trying out
the software and when I find something that may be a problem ask
if anyone has a simple solution, and if it is a bug check to see
if there is a solution, if not submit a bug report. Then
you and the other developers are supposed to fix the bug or
provide assitance to get additional information so you can fix the
bug. It is part of the social contact : We don't get charged to
use the software, but have to help when we find bugs, so that
the people who pay outrageous amounts for RHEL do not have to put
up with many serious bugs.

The software is supposed to be stable when put into FC, where it
is more thoroughly tested by end users, who are willing to put
up with some bugs. It is not supposed to be BETA testing that is
what rawhide is for. I guess you might call it tertiary or DELTA
testing. There is no abrogation of responsibility for the proper
testing by the developers. There is also no call for uncongenial
comments or magniloquence, we just want straight answers.