Borland Kylix 3

Terry Kemp tkemp at mer-med.com
Tue Jul 12 21:58:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 09:39 -0700, Scott Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed FC4 and trying to get Kylix up and running, it just comes
> up a mess: tool bars and menus are missing, windows all over the place,
> fonts missing on buttons, error message windows don't pop-up at all, but
> are in the task bar.  Anyone have any ideas what I need to do?

<snip>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Scott

I have seen the fix described as a font issue and resolved by setting
language? to US. I never bothered to find out. I got sick of fighting
changes with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL and legacy va crap with every update ;)
I use Fedora Core 1 running in QEMU with kqemu accelerator for my Kylix
3 development. (Actually I have FC1, FC3 and WinXP (for Delphi) virtual
machines running in QEMU on my workstation).

Terry